Friday 22 May 2009

The Weekends Here!

Ah with a new bank holiday weekend here I feel refreshed and motivated to post an update. Don’t get me wrong though, that isn’t my full motivation. On the way to work this morning I saw my full motivation, and on the way home had to snap a photo of it without looking dodgy…not easy…especially when your me. So what was it? This:

sG_ChEONjpWK9GHnFmoEBnpvP_2What is it? Well for a moment I thought it was an advert for some kind of health food but then I realised that there’s no product placment and in fact the caption under it is a snide remark on media coverage and how people become famous in this day and age (I can’t quote it cause I can’t remember it and due to the low pixels on my camera you wont be able to read it sorry). After staring at what is actually a rather unappealing woman sprawled out on a plate in nothing but a bikini for a few seconds too long not to look like a weirdo I realised this isn’t even professional, my only guess would be it’s ether an art project, or the weirdest form of graffiti I’ve seen in a long while. Ether way I love it! This is what I’ve felt Newport needs, ART!

Our Graffiti scene is appalling with only shit tags dotted around by what seems to be only 2 taggers, I know this’ll be covered up in the next day or so but who knows, it may motivate others to start making their own statements.

If you do live in the Newport area I’d recommend checking it out, you’ll find it on Caerleon Road just after Bird Shit Bridge heading away from town, check this link for a better idea of where: LINK!

If you know of any impressive “street art” (hate the term, way too urban for me) in this area let me know! I’m sick of everything being so mundane and proper here (or the other extreme of falling down and shit)

Anyway, may update later but I’m off for chips! Ta ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment