Monday 11 May 2009

Sat Here In Bettys…

b213dbdelY1064852

So I’m sat here in Bettys Cafe on the first day of being 22 on my laptop drinking coke and watching the world go by. Something seems kinda…uplifting about today? It’s not your normal “EEE! BIRTHDAY!” kinda sensation, it’s something different, maybe it’s the realisation that short of a relationship my life is almost all worked out, or maybe it’s just cause I’m running on so little sleep, but ether way I feel good and I hope you all do too.

So, I said I’d update as soon as my net was back, my net isn’t back, infact as I type this I have no means of uploading it (no WiFi in the Market) so I’ll have to use my phone again and screw over my data limit a little more tonight when I’m home. This also means no humorous or interesting links cause I have no access to them, so I kinda have no idea what to talk about (I say “kinda”, I mean I have NO idea).

I’m currently toying with the idea of starting a new comic, my first idea was “bring back Life of Timmy”, but I run that comic into the ground towards the end, but I do like the idea of continuing the life story of the fictional version of me, I mean now he has a job with a whole new cast of characters, he has new and old friends, and a flat of his own, not to mention he still has his trusted friend Zombie!

The more I type it out the more I realise I can’t turn away from a universe I spent the best part of 4 years building, but I do want to make a change unlike any change before, not just artistic updating like previous times, I want to make this a comic more than a quickly once a week knocked out web comic, I’d want plot, I’d want jokes written by people who can actually write jokes (unlike me). Now if you are one of the few people who followed my work before this blog you may know my writer is almost always my good friend Nathan “Man Whore” McMullen, but he’s bogged down with a million projects, because of this I may focus on the style, concept art, basic plot ideas for a while, get this thing really setup and looking professional in style and quality before I push on with it’s actual creation, who knows from there I may be able to make some pennies from Lulu.com, Etsy.com or my major dream, go into print with SLC/G (Slave Labour Comics/Graphics).

Now I’m not the ideal guy to run a solo project, I always need someone to play the motivator, and I kinda lack a motivator in this project because as far as I remember all my old Life of Timmy fans have gone their own way after the future of L.o.T looked like it was distain to go nowhere, so if you think you can motivate me, or you have some ideas for the comic, future plots, or possible characters/styles post them in the comments on this update! I genuinely want to know other peoples thoughts on this :-)

Right, I’m getting unhappy looks from the staff here for sitting here with no food or drink, I better shoot.

Ta Ta <3

No comments:

Post a Comment