Sunday 12 April 2009

Interweb TV

old-tv-7 So, if your keeping up to date with my blog you probably saw my little rant last night about the ITV Player, I said in the blog that I was yet to try the 4oD streaming TV from Channel 4. So after I’d posted that blog I thought I’d give it a go, in truth I was kinda suppressed. I mean Channel 4 are known for their tackiness, it’s what they do but this site was well designed, easy to get around, loaded pretty quick, and wasn’t so full of adverts you wanted to kill a cute puppy. I wont lie there were some issues, I had problems with the buffering on some videos being a bit buggered but pausing the video for a few minutes at the start fixed that, also the image quality wasn’t perfect on some of the videos, but Channel 4 hasn’t long been running the Web version of their 4oD service, before it was a download system, so their kinda new to this so I can forgive them (this shows most in full screen graphical issues with videos). So, so far my online TV Line Up looks like this:

(keep in mind I am UK based so we don’t get awesome places like the South Park Studio yet)

1. iPlayer (BBC)
2. 4oD (Channel 4)
3. Family Guy Online (Family Guy)
4. American Dad HQ (American Dad)
5. All SP (South Park)

I’d like to say sites like Hulu but alas I’m still waiting for the British government to stop being pricks and get it sorted so we can watch these sites!

No comments:

Post a Comment