Thursday 5 February 2009

Procrastination…

cute_acid_by_pablocremita

So, I’m meant to be having a bath then going to bed right now but I’m awful for procrastination…the odd thing is if I was meant to be updating my blog I’d currently be having a bath then going to bed to avoid it, if you want me to do something, ask me to do the opposite and make it sound like a horrible chore. Anyway, not really sure what to update with, hence the totally random subject picture there.

So, today I’ve been using Twitter (yes I’m on about Twitter again) a lot, trying to get myself into the swing of things, at the same time I’m trying to get friends to join too (one down…I know…I have one friend, scary!), but I realised something interesting about how Twitter works. If lets say Jonny Depp started a Deviant Art account he’d get NO interest beyond a few people hoping he posts some photos of himself instead of drawings of stick men with penises. If on the other hand he joined Twitter (which he may have done but I don’t give a crap) he’ll instantly be thrown into stardom. Twitter feeds off your fame from anywhere, meaning if I’m ever to become a much watched Twitterer I need to become known for something OUT SIDE of Twitter.

Now I don’t go looking for fame, that’s kinda lame, in truth I presume I’m unpopular even when previous projects have pulled in a lot of interest (why oh why do I get bored and stop running stuff?!), but it would be cool to know such gripping updates as ‘I had chicken noodles’ would be red by thousands of people…hell I’d be happy with 10…half way there!

So I’ve begun doodling up ideas of different ways to get people interested in me in different mediums, lets say I made a comic and people liked it and joined my twitter, they’d then notice my blog and maybe read it, and the other way around, I guess this is why I’d like a little fame, because it would give me a safety net that something I make wont crash and burn and with that safety net comes a lot more motivation and confidence in my work.

You know what, I’m babbling right now and no doubt no one cares anymore, hell I don’t, I’m actually starting to want that bath so I’m gonna shush up. But once again, if your on twitter check me out, if your not, join, then check me out!

No comments:

Post a Comment